Quinoadomainelion Pizza Crust
Want to fit more quinoa into your diet? Start with this recipe for quinoa pizza crust:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (12 ounces/360 grams) Basic Quinoa (pages 12–13) or Pilaf‐Style Quinoa (page 14)
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce/30 grams) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Sweet and Tangy Roasted Tomatoes (page 27) or two pints of grape or cherry tomatoes, tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and roasted on a foil-lined baking sheet at 425 degrees for 45-60 minutes in the oven
- 4 ounces/120 grams fresh mozzarella, cut into batons
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
Adjust an oven rack to the upper third of the oven and preheat it to 450°F/230°C.
Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof skillet until simmering. Add the onion and cook, stirring until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the quinoa and Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Then, with a rubber spatula, flatten out the quinoa. Reduce the heat to medium and cook about 10 minutes without stirring to allow the quinoa base to crisp.
While the quinoa cooks, season the eggs with salt and pepper and whisk them in a large bowl. Pour the eggs over the quinoa and dollop the roasted tomatoes evenly over the eggs. Arrange the cheese in a circular pattern over the eggs.
Bake until puffed and set, about 10 minutes. Turn the broiler on and broil until the frittata is puffed and golden and the cheese has begun to char, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. Top with basil.
QuinoaDomaineLion is available in Morocco in White, in Red, in Black and in TriColor Quinoa
Order per whats-app 00212 6 5259 1798