- Almond-Cranberry QuinoaDomaineLion Cookies
these super delicious Almond-Cranberry Quinoa Cookies. The sweet and chewy snacks have around 200 calories with 3 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein per serving.
Ingredients for these deli cookies
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered unsalted almonds
- Ingredient info: White whole wheat flour and quinoa can be found at better supermarkets and at natural foods stores.
YIELD; MAKES ABOUT 2 DOZEN
Preparation of your cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, both sugars, and honey in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and extracts; beat until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir in quinoa, oats, cranberries, and almonds. Spoon dough in 2-tablespoon portions onto prepared sheets, spacing 1″ apart.
- Bake cookies until golden, 12-15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool. DO AHEAD: Store cooled cookies airtight at room temperature for 1 day, or freeze for up to 1 month.
Recipe by Jenny Rosenstrach