ACTIVE TIME 45 mins. TOTAL TIME 55 mins.
YIELD Serves 8 (serving size: 1 1/3 cups).
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup diced russet potato
- 1/4 cup diced peeled sweet potato
- 1/4 cup diced peeled celery root
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
How to Make It Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread quinoa in a thin layer on a rimmed baking sheet; bake at 325°F until browned, about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Heat a large stockpot over medium. Add oil. Add onion, carrot, bell pepper, and garlic; cover and cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover and stir in rosemary and cumin; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in stock, potatoes, celery root, and toasted quinoa. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium; cook 12 minutes. Stir in zucchini and Brussels sprouts; cook until vegetables and quinoa are tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley and salt.